Archinect
anchor

AA visiting school workshops worth it for a professional?

hbassal

Now that I'm a professional architect, I'm reluctant about signing up for AA visiting school events, for I doubt that it would be of much benefit, academically or even professionally. I mean it seems like some events are more extensive than others.

what do you guys think?

May 7, 17 3:15 am
TED

AA visiting schools are great. Bring some of the best out of the AA contextualising projects specific to local issues. If you're stale and need to take CDP suggest 2 weeks with AA will push you further than you think, building new networks and knowledge - go for it.

May 7, 17 6:10 am  · 
 · 
archietechie

"some events are more extensive than others." - Can confirm...so you better do your research on which is it is the best bang for your buck, that which suits your interests as well.

That said, I still found it pretty useless. 2/3 weeks of intensive lessons would basically entail your paying for a crash course on hard topics that'll mostly require time and huge amounts of practice, with digital tools in particular.

Directors of said schools also likely benefit ($ obviously from students and ambassadors) from these programs and have propensities to further their private agenda (usually further courses requiring more $) at times.

May 7, 17 1:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: