Archinect
anchor

Cedric Price Works

think_again

With the recent publication "Cedric Price Works" by the AA, I'm wondering what you can tell me about him as he is considered a pioneer in expanding the field of architecture and at times being called an "architecture editor."

Do you see any relevance in his work for our contemporary practices?

May 3, 17 8:35 pm
randomised

Where to start and where to end? http://www.audacity.org/SM-26-11-07-01.htm

May 4, 17 6:10 pm  · 
randomised

A lot can happen in 4 years...

Mar 4, 21 6:11 pm  · 
 · 

For a start check out these old Bldbgblog  posts (1 and 2) from Geoff Manaugh and a thread re: a 1966 Cedric Price quote "I think more architects should keep the words clarity, coherence, mood, quality, conviction, presence and power to themselves."

May 7, 17 12:49 pm  · 
1  · 

Might also want to Read Will Alsop's memories of Cedric Price and an Edwin Heathcote review of the 2005 Cedric Price exhibit at London's Design Museum.

May 7, 17 12:56 pm  · 
 · 

And with today's discussions of smart cities, urban informatics and IoT/AI, how could a project like Munich Village/ Olympia 1971 –72, not be relevant?

a competition to design the central square for the Munich Olympic Village...Price planned to wire the square with sensors that would transmit environmental data to a central “brain,” a large interactive sphere displaying up-to-the-minute stats.

via Metropolis Magazine

May 7, 17 1:31 pm  · 
1  · 
zonker

Renzo Piano was/is influenced by him. Center Pompidou - California Academy of Sciences and others - are all "fun Palaces"

Mar 4, 21 4:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: