Archinect
anchor

Insulation symbols

Wood Guy

What do you use for hatch patterns when drawing blown-in insulation or rigid foam? For cellulose I usually use a pattern of small crosses, rather than the standard batt symbol. I'm pretty sure it's not wrong to use the batt symbol; I just think it's more clear to use another hatch pattern. For rigid foam I use the grid pattern in various scales and orientations, depending on the type of foam.  

Apr 12, 17 2:16 pm
shellarchitect

I use the grate hatch for rigid, use the little crosses for spray foam, have never used blown in cellulose

Apr 12, 17 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
I use typical batt symbol only for non important insulation and solid shades c/w legend information for mineral wool and spray. Spray is further identified with a honeycomb hatch but were moving away from spray in our projects so I seldomly use it anymore.

Never done blown celulose before.
Apr 12, 17 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

Thanks for the input. Keep an eye out for the next Fine Homebuilding magazine, which will have an article all about cellulose--it's a great product! I'm just not sure about the best way to show it on drawings. 

Apr 12, 17 7:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: