Archinect
anchor

SAIC or UF?

Abby90

Hello there!

I really need your help in deciding to which program should I go! I have a bachelor degree in interior design and I have applied for my masters to several universities, till now I got accepted at :

1- SAIC (master of architecture with emphasis on interior architecture)  2- University of Florida (Master of Design in Interior Design)                    3- wait-listed in Pratt.

I'm planning to apply for teaching (university) in my country after I get my degree.

I wish I could visit them to know more about the schools but I can't :(

Thank you,

Apr 12, 17 12:10 pm
lacalr

What interests you about architecture and what do you want to get out of your studies? I only visited the SAIC program but I really liked what I saw. The program is still somewhat new but they have good resources and strong person leading their "emphasis on interior architecture" program. I was pursuing the program from an architecture perspective not so much from an interior design one. If you haven't looked into both schools faculty and student work I would do so as soon as possible to determine which one is more similar to your desires. Also keep in mind that you would be living in Chicago or Florida, two vastly different places. 

Apr 12, 17 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
Beepbeep

SAIC you get an NAAB master of architecture so you can obtain your Architects License if you want - much better than just an ID degree more options later on and the school has great work and good name rec,

Apr 12, 17 10:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: