Archinect
anchor

Sustainable & Environmentally Focused Universities?

tsolis

Hi everyone, 

I'm currently in my junior year of high school and I'm on the search for potential universities I'd like to enroll in next fall. Becoming an architect has been my dream ever since I was six years old, and now that the time is coming close for that to actually kick off, I've decided to do some more research. 

Most of the universities (that I have an actual chance of getting accepted into), it seems to me, focus a lot on the artistic aspect of architecture. I make my assumption based on the curriculum and the objectives of the school. I'm rather passionate about the environment, how we treat it, and the effects we as humans have, yet I am not so confident about my engineering skills which is why I'm avoiding civil/environmental engineering track. I want to mix both passions of architecture and environmental awareness into my academics and career but I can't seem to find a school that would have the architectural focus with environmental/sustainability subjects as well. I don't have plenty of artistic skills to focus mainly on architecture itself and the aesthetic aspect, nor the skills to become an engineer which is why combining the two would not only been a dream come true but very convenient for me as well. 

My question is, what schools offer B.arch that include subjects that focus on the environmental aspect as well? Or is it in M. arch that there are more thorough subjects on it?

Apr 10, 17 10:57 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: