Archinect
anchor

Architecture Firms in Amsterdam

stevenas135

Hey all,

So I've been working in New York for three years now after going to school out here.  I love new york, but the zoning and code restrictions make it very difficult to do great work. I'm starting to hate my life as an architect here and I think I need to leave before it sucks away my life ambitions. Not to mention the firm I am at is not doing well financially and I will probably need to find a new job within 6 months. 

I have been thinking about moving to Amsterdam for years now, however I have no contacts there. I am a junior to intermediate level architect with a good design portfolio and have a decent resume. Have won competitions and an AIA award (if that even matters).  Does anyone have experience with working in Amsterdam? How willing are they to hire an American with my experience level? Which firms should I be looking for?

Apr 1, 17 5:01 pm
randomised

If you're tired of zoning and code restrictions Amsterdam is not the place for you, give Rotterdam a try instead, plenty going on over there.

Apr 2, 17 4:27 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: