anchor

Master of architecture

Himali

I have received admits from 

• UIUC
  • Uni. of Houston
  • ASU
  • Iowa State Unvi.

Please suggest the best option in terms of ( Job opportunities, Exposure,location etc.)

Thankyou..!!

Mar 30, 17 1:24 am
Non Sequitur
Take the cheapest option.
Mar 30, 17 6:13 am  · 
 · 
geezertect

Also, consider where you ultimately want to settle geographically.

Mar 30, 17 6:54 am  · 
 · 
Himali

Thankyou for reply guys.

1. University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign.: which is reputed but is way to costly. I am not sure that is it worth to spend that much when chances to get TA/RA are very low. Also, do you know about job scopes after masters.

2. Iowa state university: It has really good course structure and high chances to get TA/ RA after 2 semester. But not much people are even aware about the clg.

3. ASU: Course is good. The state has strict rules and very low job n TA/RA scopes

4. Houston: The course fees low compared to other colleges but again if any body can tell me about  job n TA/RA scopes

I really confused as to which one should I be accepting. 

Mar 31, 17 5:45 am  · 
 · 
larchitecture

As an Iowa State grad, I can tell you that any lack of recognition (or otherwise) from ISU doesn't play as much of a factor to employers as you might think. Graduates of the program get jobs, because they're trained to be good, well-rounded architects. I don't think that you'd be constrained to jobs in the Midwest, either, since a number of graduates have gone on to work in places like Seattle and NYC.

Overall, go with your gut, but don't think that you'll be at a major disadvantage for choosing ISU - you'll get a degree for a great value and a reasonable price. 

Mar 31, 17 2:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: