Archinect
anchor

Question for Notre Dame graduates

sidewinder

Curious to any thoughts regarding classical focus of the program and what you did after graduation?

Mar 29, 17 2:44 pm
hydracentaurus

I wanted to quickly post in case someone comes in here and says "the program isn't worth anything."

Notre Dame grads are highly sought after. Yes, you have some staunch classicists within the school but you also have some who are not. I would say it veers towards a more humanistic approach to architecture. 

I personally rebelled a little. I ended up somewhere considered "modern" but is actually just a regular full service firm that tends to focus more on production than theoretical architecture. 

My classmates ended up all over, from boutique high end residential making bank to large firms. The career fair they hold in spring now has Perkins +Will and Gensler in attendance, as well as HKS (which is slightly amusing but greatly welcomed).

Mar 29, 17 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
TIQM

We go to the Notre Dame Career Fair every year, and I have to say that the general level of talent and accomplishment among graduates from that school is pretty stunning.  ND students receive training that is unique, and they are consequently in very high demand upon graduation.  

Mar 31, 17 9:08 am  · 
 · 

They seem to cluster at a couple firms here in Chicago, and only one of those firms does good work. The other one likes to bring suburban life into the city.

Mar 31, 17 12:04 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: