Archinect
anchor

Looking for info on LA architecture firms

Noypi

Hey everyone, 

My partner is starting her phd program at UC Riverside this fall and I'm moving with her to the LA metro area. So begins the daunting task of finding a job out of my network and across the country. I was wondering if ya'll can give me some advice on architecture firms in the LA metro area.  I'm looking for firms who mostly do public projects such as affordable housing, educational, or institutional. So far, I have Kevin Daly,  Koning Eizenberg, Michael Maltzan, Brooks + Scarpa, Killefer Flammang, JFAK, and Lehrer Architects on my initial research list

Background- I have an M.Arch from the University of Minnesota, 1 year of student intern experience doing construction auditing for a sports stadium, and almost 2 years of salaried professional experience doing SD, DD, and CD for affordable multi-family housing, a public school, and currently working on a small bakery storefront. The housing and school were renovations with new additions, while the bakery storefront is an adaptive reuse project. I have 5 out of 7 ARE exams done and only have the project management category left in my IDP hours, so I could potentially be licensed this year.   

Mar 28, 17 12:41 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: