Archinect
anchor

Undergraduate Architecture course

polinaaleshkina

Need the professional advice from a person who is already somehow connected with architecture. I am finishing my A-levels this year and apply for undergraduate architecture course in the UK. I have to choose between the Manchester School of Architecture, Westminster Uni, Oxford Brooks, CSM and AA. I am thinking about Manchester Uni (but don't really enjoy the city), Westminster, and AA. The thing about AA is that I can't find lots of information about it in terms of league tables and reputation, but heard from people that it is quite a high standard institution. I really need sort of comparison of the courses at these universities, the quality of knowledge that is given there and the ability to apply these knowledge into practice. I think the difference in institutions is better seen when you are already studying or practicing. I would be grateful if you could give me some feedback and advice. Really want to get the full Architectural degree.

Mar 27, 17 2:50 pm
Non-ASD Jequitarchitectur

A friend of mine paid his way into the AA. He's struggling to graduate now.

Don't judge architecture schools by the rankings, but by the quality of work that comes out. I'd advise to visit each school you are interested in, talk to students, staff, check out the facilities etc.

Each school publishes a yearbook with the students' design work. Check those out to understand the design philosophy of each school.

Mar 31, 17 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
martindedioszapata

Hello, I received offers from Cardiff, Newcastle and Manchester. Which one would you recommend selecting for a firm choice for an undergraduate programme? I'm very nervous and unsure about it.

Mar 29, 21 11:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: