Archinect
anchor

Job opportunities for a Indian grad (B.Arch) in UK

SheetalPonde

I am a graduate from Indian University, with four years of working experience. Would like to know about the job opportunities in UK.

Any comments, suggestions??

Mar 27, 17 1:50 pm
acsookying

something called google

Mar 27, 17 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
SheetalPonde

I googled but still dint found answer i am looking for. anyways thanks.

Mar 30, 17 8:30 am  · 
 · 
TED

While I have found students from India do well in PG studies, their undergrad educational background is very different that UK expectations for employment. 

Unlikely to get a job - the visa regs here give points so a Master degree counts higher than BArch. If you're interested in working in the UK, best to do a Masters degree and network with as many people as possible during your studies.

Mar 28, 17 4:50 am  · 
 · 
TED

Try to work with a large international practice in India or SE Asia as an alternate and first step.

Mar 28, 17 4:51 am  · 
 · 
SheetalPonde

well, i will give a thought about masters. i came to know from lot of my contacts that its difficult to get a job here on the experience from India. as i am on tier 2 general dependent visa, i can work as an intern or something like that. is that impossible too??

Mar 30, 17 8:28 am  · 
 · 
TED

Ok - so as you don't need a visa, you should look at any job adverts for Part 1 or perhaps Part 2 --- Archinect has a great job board :-), so does Dezeen, AJ Jobs and BD Jobs - 

Mar 30, 17 11:06 am  · 
 · 
TED

Jobs are out there both in London and outside London. Try to get your name in practices before the rush of Uni's finishing - which is May-June- good luck!

Mar 30, 17 11:08 am  · 
 · 
SheetalPonde

thats sounds great :)...thanks for the help .

Mar 30, 17 11:58 am  · 
 · 
TED

;-) good Luck!

Mar 30, 17 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

The job opportunities are great for people with useful skills and relevant experience.

Mar 30, 17 10:05 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: