Archinect
anchor

Draftsight Mac print to pdf help, anyone?

I've been using Draftsight on Mac for about 8 years now and LOVE it. However, I installed the new 2017 SP-1 version yesterday and now I can't print to pdf on my Mac.

Anyone have advice? Do I need to install a separate pdf printer (like Cute PDF but for Mac) to my machine, and if so does one exist?

Mar 26, 17 9:01 am

1 Featured Comment

All 5 Comments

David have you installed the new SP-1 version on your PC? And did you get it to work?

Mar 26, 17 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
zachrice

Donna - I installed SP1 today and have the same problem. Did you find a solution? I print to PDF and get blank pages or an odd size page with a tiny dwg in the corner. Zach

Apr 1, 17 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
Donna Sink's comment has been hidden

This was exactly what I got - a tiny drawing in the corner of a huge page. When I'd save it as a pdf and open it I could look at the file info and see that the sheet size was 279" wide. NOthing I tried fixed it.

Apr 2, 17 7:13 pm  · 
 · 

This was exactly what I got - a tiny drawing in the corner of a huge page. When I'd save it as a pdf and open it I could look at the file info and see that the sheet size was 279" wide. Nothing I tried fixed it.

So my solution was to buy a cheap PC, load Draftsight on it, and use it for ONLY drafting. It's working flawlessly. Draftsight is STILL calling their Mac version beta, at least five years after it launched. 

Apr 2, 17 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
Featured Comment
nabrU

You might need to install the v9 pdf .ppd drivers from older versions of OS X 

There's a download hidden somewhere on the Adobe site.

Apr 2, 17 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
zachrice

Donna,

Yes. Same here. When I  “Save as PDF” I get a 200 in. x 200 in. sheet that appears blank, but has a tiny drawing in the corner.

I found 2 workarounds:

Downloaded PDFWriter and installed it as a printer. Worked until I rebooted. Now does not. Aaaarggghhh.

Then noticed that since I could print and “Open PDF in Preview” I could then “Export as PDF.” Works fine. But damned annoying.

Zach

Apr 3, 17 7:50 am  · 
 · 
prismpeterr

You have installed SP1 which has bug so you can't convert to pdf to solve this issue you have to install SP2 which you can download from Apple iPad Support

Jun 7, 18 3:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: