Archinect
anchor

Pratt MSA or Sci-arch March2

abcqiyue

I am an international student. And I am accepted by Pratt and Sci-arch. 

But I am not sure about where I should go. I like New York and I think Pratt and New York could give me more opportunities. I like art school and the atmosphere in Pratt School. But I only need attend one year in Pratt and I am afraid it is too short. But this program is stem . So I could get more chances to find jobs. 

And other people told me if I choose to Sci-arch March2, I would be more tired at Sci-arch.  And where those students who graduate from SCI-Arch find their jobs? Are they both go to architecture firms? Or they make efforts to other area like games, movies?

Mar 24, 17 10:30 am
0W3N

You should go to Pratt - the biggest difference between them is living in LA vs. NY and you say you like NY.  If you want to stay and work in NY you'll be better off having gone to Pratt.

SCI-Arc is a slightly better school (and my alma mater, so I'm biased), but not SO much better as to overcome the geographic difference.

SCI-Arc students find work in many fields, but most of the people in my class ended up in architecture.  During the lean years (2008-2011ish) more people had to find other options, but employment prospects have improved the last couple years. It's possible to get into the game industry after SCI-Arc, but if that is your intent you should skip architecture school and just learn that industry.

Mar 24, 17 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
think_again

I see more potential at SCI-Arc particularly if you're thinking of expanding the role of architecture. This interview with archinect's founder might be one example (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evGXVJ1QJdM). SCI-Arc is also expanding their reach with online content like with their youtube channel.

Mar 24, 17 5:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: