Archinect
anchor

M.arch School Decision

Triptych91

Hello all, 

A request for advice...

I've been accepted to the M.arch programs at Pratt, Parsons, RISD, & SCI-Arc.

I applied to these programs because of their unique approaches to design, which aligns with my goals for the future of my practice.

Though many of the forms I see coming out of these and other schools are focused on creating a sense of identity for the young architect, I seek to establish my own identity through subtlety. I do not want to rely on amorphous facades or perforated polygons, but perhaps utilize these increasingly relevant forms in much more discreet applications.

My inspirational heroes are Peter Zumthor, John Pawson, and Vincent Van Duysen.

Any advice on where to head to?

Thank you!

Mar 21, 17 2:40 pm
s=r*(theta)

the one with the cheapest tuition your slave desk job can handle

Mar 21, 17 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
ae_0

Research faculty, go to the open houses if you can, do your homework to understand curricular differences between these programs - and follow your gut (and your wallet).

That being said, student work is good to get a general sense but it will be misleading. M.Arch is what you make of it in the end. No matter where you go, you'll have to put up your own fights in pursuit of your own principles. Most important thing a school can give you is resources and grounds for argument/development - not a template to go through and get out as a certain product (although most people do fall into the latter).

Mar 21, 17 8:10 pm  · 
 · 

@Triptych91  you got in March I or March II

Mar 22, 17 7:31 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: