Archinect
anchor

UWash or UIUC | M.Arch 2

Geek

Hello

I graduated last year from India with a B.Arch degree. My interest lies in sustainable design but i also want to choose a city where there are plenty of job opportunities. I am considering University of Illinois Urbana Champaign and University of Washington Seattle for M.Arch 2. Listed below is the information I have so far gained about the two programs. 

1- University of Washington, Seattle

Specialization - Sustainable Systems and Design - will be mentioned in the transcript. 
Certificates - Design Computing, Lighting Design
Internship program
Specialized Studios
Located in Seattle - good location

Cons - It is 7 semesters long. My undergrad was of 5 years 10 semesters long, I am not very inclined to study 7 more semesters. 

2- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign

Located near Chicago
2 year 4 semester course
they hold annual career fair
the course might become STEM - finding job as an international student would be easier
They have LEED course as elective

Cons - Have a high performance building concentration but its not formal - wont be mentioned in the transcript

I'm looking for information from recent graduates or current students from either of these three universities on the design studios, real-life project exposure during the program, internship opportunities and job prospects after graduation. Any information regarding this will be very useful to help me make an informed decision. 

Thanks!

Mar 18, 17 2:00 am
dijomathews

Hey,

Finally what did you end up choosing for your M.Arch.

Mar 21, 17 3:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: