Archinect
anchor

Alexandria at SCI-Arc’s “Drawings’ Conclusions” Exhibition

lmenghini

Many met Alexandria on the corner of the west and north wall, when I met Alexandria it was Monday, on that day I didn’t fall for the whole package, Instead I fell for a dark mass that took attention away from the rest of it.

Mostly blank space covers Alexandria, being 26 inches tall and 40.5 inches wide with nothing to show but faded guide lines that helped shape the drawing all that’s left is the elevation, that is, Alexandria Library by AKS RUNO is spanning the length of the canvas. Ghostly pencil marks with hatch lines and homogeneous lines weights covers the elevation depicting an undulation façade which, brings your attention to the dark mass, resting loud at the lower right of the spanning lines is a seductive mass.  Horizontal in shape black ink fills the fragmented mass, broken with thickening white lines and altered shades the mass becomes figures and begins to hold depth, volume, void, scale and space, that is, ones starts to read more than drawing – rather architecture. One might also think that the dark mass overwhelms the rest of the drawing. Their ambitions are different, line weights are different, and the sizes are different. Yet, the elevation would be incomplete and absent without the ghostly lines and dark mass occupying the same paper, this is what makes Alexandria Library elevation so unique, two drawings on one paper with an affiliation creates a compelling story.

Mar 16, 17 4:46 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: