Archinect
anchor

GSAAP Wait Listed....

EamonWagner

Hello! 

I plan to enroll in an M.Arch I program for Fall 2017. I have been accepted into another program with pretty decent aid, but have been wait listed at GSAAP (my first choice). 

My questions is:

A) How likely is it that one is removed from the waitlist at a competitive program like GSAAP, and were I to be accepted, what is the likelihood that any potential financial aid will be adversely effected?

and

B) How should one proceed with being waitlisted if no specific instructions are given -- is it advisable to contact the admissions committee directly to make a case for myself, or is it better to allow the bureaucracy to run its course? 

Mar 14, 17 1:04 pm
Medians

GSAAP is probably the stingiest of all big names schools with their aid, and they are also by a very significant margin the most expensive.

As far as the waitlisting is concerned - many people use GSAAP as a backup to Harvard and Yale - so the there would be a higher likelihood of space opening up than there would be at the other IVY schools. 

It never hurts to contact the administration - at worst they will tell you is you have to wait. Just send them an email requesting more information and information on the potential of aid if accepted off of the waitlist.

Mar 14, 17 1:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: