Archinect
anchor

Emails about comments...

senjohnblutarsky

Is there any way to stop them altogether?  I tried changing my settings.  I seem to be getting them even more.  There's not an option to opt out of all emails about thread comments. 

Mar 14, 17 12:49 pm
randomised

Uncheck the textbox below the comment field:

Mar 14, 17 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

I'm looking for a more permanent solution. 

Mar 14, 17 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

It's unchecked until you check it yourself, seems quite permanent to me.

Mar 14, 17 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
think_again

On the top where the thread heading is located, enable/disable it by toggling "Follow" or "Unfollow"

Mar 15, 17 9:51 am  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

Eh, I seem to have fixed it in my settings.  But after adjusting those settings, I received emails about threads I'd posted in before.  

Haven't gotten any emails since, though.  

I've never actually checked the box asking for notifications.  

I can't say I'm overly fond of the new setup.  

Mar 15, 17 10:57 am  · 
 · 
Archinect

The only change we've made recently to the way that email notifications work is that we've added email notifications when someone responds to a specific comment you've made. As this is a response directly to you, these automatically give you an email notification because it's a personal response. 

Regarding email notifications for comments, in general, this works the same way it's worked for years. If you want to get notifications when other people comment (or stop getting notifications), click the "follow/unfollow" link at the top of the thread, or check the notifications opt-in box when posting a comment. Notifications are never enabled by default, but Archinect will remember your preference, so if you check the opt-in box when posting a comment, that box will be auto-checked the next time you make a comment, but you can uncheck it and that preference will be remembered going forward. 

When you get an email notification, there's a link in the email allowing you to immediately stop getting notifications for that thread. If you stop opting in to comment notifications, and unfollow threads you are currently following, you will stop receiving them. 

Mar 15, 17 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

Yeah... I don't want to receive any emails. Period. Don't care if it is a direct response to my comment or not.

Mar 17, 17 9:08 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: