Archinect
anchor

Masters Portfolio Feedback_Bartlett/Delft/Cambridge/Edinburgh

nkourtis

Hi all,

I am applying for Masters at the moment for Sept 2017 and I just wanted some feedback on my portfolio.

I am applying to the Bartlett, Delft, Cambridge and Edinburgh.

I have included all 3 of my building projects, 1 professional project, 1 group competition, and some of my painting work.

All feedback welcome.

Thanks.

Nikolas

https://issuu.com/nikolaskourtis/docs/nikolaskourtis_portfolio

PS. Please ignore the mistake in contents page ( i will fix that before sending it out)

Mar 12, 17 4:29 am
randomised

Don't see any problem getting in any of these schools with your portfolio.

Mar 12, 17 7:38 am  · 
 · 
calebehly

Arrange projects from best to worst to best (start good end good,)

first project seamed a little lackluster compared so some of the others

Mar 12, 17 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
TED

agree

Mar 13, 17 6:13 am  · 
 · 
think_again

same here. just collapse the artwork into a single spread and perhaps merge it through a narrative with the rest of your work.

Mar 13, 17 10:36 am  · 
 · 
natematt

^This. #1 project first, #2 project last. Which is why I also normally tell people to get rid of their artwork sections as they tend to be a pretty flat end.

I actually like your paintings though, so I think that you mostly just need to move a better project to the start.

Mar 12, 17 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
nkourtis

Thanks for the tips.

Mar 13, 17 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
nkourtis

Any more feedback apart from project order?

Mar 16, 17 10:07 pm  · 
 · 
nickmar88

Hey Nick,

Did you get the decision from TU Delft?

Apr 19, 17 7:11 pm  · 
 · 
nkourtis

Just got an email with conditional offer.

(conditional apparently meaning they ll double check all the documents I sent in before officially offering a place).

Did you apply too?

Apr 19, 17 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
nickmar88

Yes, I submitted my application on March 30th. Unfortunately, I got a rejection.

Do you think that the rolling admission procedure favors the first applicants?

Apr 20, 17 2:38 am  · 
 · 
nkourtis

In general with all applications in all unis they advise to apply as soon as possible from what I know, so it must do to a certain degree

Apr 20, 17 3:16 am  · 
 · 
nickmar88

Thank you for your answers!

I am really disappointed right now, trying to figure out what went wrong and what are my alternatives from now on.

Could you tell me when did you submit your application?

Apr 20, 17 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
Archlandia

The portfolio could really benefit from a more artful approach. Think watercolor, photomontage and composition. LAYERING will be your best friend if you do it right.

Check out this portfolio I found online, this is NOT my portfolio, just sharing it.

https://issuu.com/lucagamberini3/docs/selectedportfolio

Apr 25, 17 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
Archlandia

Oh and one more thing: hierarchy. Most of your images are of the same scale/size, mix it up with very large spreads and smaller context images.

Apr 25, 17 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
nkourtis

Thanks mreed.
Yes it does look a bit simple/dry at the moment.

I will have that in mind for the next itiration! :)

Apr 25, 17 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
ckchiu

lol dude you are from bartlett part 1 with a high 2:1 why do you even need to worry about getting into any of these schools (at least not bartlett)

very phenonmenal drawings, which unit were you in?

Apr 26, 17 5:13 am  · 
 · 
nkourtis

Hey thank you.! Different schools I guess could be looking for different qualities in students so the more feedback the better. Also always good to get an outsider's perspective on your work.

I was in U2 in Y2
and U8 in Y3.

Did you go to the B?

Apr 26, 17 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
ckchiu

aha i wish! i work in an office with many bartlett graduates so i kind of get how crazy you people are haha. i can't find your drawings in this year's bartlett book, did you graduate this year?

Apr 27, 17 11:18 pm  · 
 · 
nkourtis

Graduated in 2015!
Where do you work? if i may ask

Apr 30, 17 6:58 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: