Archinect
anchor

UCL Bartlett, Oxford Brookes, TU Delft

dennislim

Hi, i am Dennis from Indonesia. I graduated from Curtin University, Perth and intend to do my master degree. Furthermore i'd like to work overseas like in the UK or other Europe countries in the future.

Recently, i sent some applications to

- Bartlett for MArch RIBA Part 2, i have been replied by them and been asked to send a copy of my portfolio. They also asked me to wait for the interview schedule.

- Oxford Brookes University for March RIBA Part 2 - Conditional Offer is received

- TU Delft for M.Sc Architecture track - Unconditional offer is received

So, my questions are..... firstly, which country is the best to study (globally and in terms of architecture and urbanism)? Secondly, which one should i choose between Oxford Brookes and TU Delft? maybe anyone has some experiences over the two schools? and thirdly, do RIBA Part2 really required or bring us to a more considered employment in the future? 

Warm Regards

Dennis

Mar 6, 17 7:42 pm
TED

If Bartlett offers you a place, take it - great school and London is a fantastic place to study - just up the road from AA where lots of public events happen every day - many more practices in London so chance to work.  Then TUDelft. I think reputation of both those Unis will go farther than only RIBA Part 2.

You should consider the country where you wish to practice and where you will be 'qualified' to practice - look at that countries requirements. In UK you would need to apply for Part 1 (after you finish part 2) then do part 3 after 2 years experience. I am not familiar with NL requirements.

With Brexit, more uncertainty on work after study in UK.

Good luck!

Mar 7, 17 8:07 am  · 
 · 
dennislim

Hi Ted, Thanks for the suggestion. How if you are given the options between Delft or Brookes with RIBA pt.2? Then want to practice in Europe country and not necessarily in the UK...

Apr 14, 17 8:48 pm  · 
 · 
nkourtis

Hi Dennis,

I am applying for a masters at the moment too.

I did my part-1 at the Bartlett  and it is a great school overall, and London is amazing in terms of exposure to all things design with lectures, and talks and exhibitions happening all year round.  But it is super expensive I am sure you know.

I personally would choose Delft, if I get accepted because it seems to be up there internationally in terms of reputation, but far more affordable.

Also check out the type of work the schools produce and what you would like to do at your Masters. From what I understand they can be very different. Bartlett did not put much emphasis on construction details and technical elements at least in the undergrad (part-1) where as from what I hear Delft can be quite technical.

Good luck!

+ Brexit

Mar 12, 17 4:10 am  · 
 · 
dennislim

Well, actually i have just rejected by Bartlett and accepted by Brookes and Delft. So, where do you tend to do your master?

which one will you choose if you are given opportunity between delft and Brookes. Yes, I heard many say that Delft is more to logical and technical while Brookes and Bartlett are more modern and artsy.

Apr 6, 17 7:46 pm  · 
 · 
nkourtis

Hey man,

Sorry to hear about the B.

Personally Delft is my number 1 Option, partly because it is cheaper for me than UK because of the EU, while still being very good and has a very good reputation world wide as well as I said before.

From what Ive heard/seen Brookes walks along the lines of the B and other UK unis in terms of work style, (conceptual/abstract/out of the box architecture, "pushing the boundaries").

I havent heard back yet, I sent my applications quite late, (mid march) Hopefully I ll get Delft.

Apr 7, 17 8:07 pm  · 
 · 
dennislim

So, which track of MSc architecture in Delft have you applied? Let me know when you get the reply from Delft! Cheers

Apr 14, 17 8:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: