Archinect
anchor

Calling all South Korean architects/architecture students

cliffordjantabadaatig

Hello guys! I need help. I am a 4th year architecture student here in the Philippines and we have this lesson, some sort of reporting about the architectural practices and laws in different cities/countries. My chosen country is South Korea and I haven't found anything helpful in the net or more like I couldn't understand about the laws since most of them are in Korean figures or language. So, I was hoping that maybe here, you can help me about this and our instructor isn't helping. I need to know what are the requirements for foreign architects to practice architecture in South Korea. Do they have to take exams? or Are they even allowed to practice their? Also, I need to know if how many years would it take to study architecture there? The subjects architecture students take. Sorry guys, but Im desperate. I hope you can help me. Thanks.

Sorry for my English. 

Mar 4, 17 11:29 am
archietechie

Why didn't you pick the US? You could've gotten more help here that way.

Mar 4, 17 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Have you tried calling up any Korean architecture ascociations?

I guess you try 2 Google search and give up. Damn lazy students.
Mar 4, 17 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
cliffordjantabadaatig

actually, I tried but I haven't found any steps or requirements about the practice there. all I found is their organizations, goals, etc.

Mar 8, 17 3:20 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Google 번역을 사용해 보셨습니까?

Mar 4, 17 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
breakit

I'm not sure what you mean by practicing architecture. I've seen non-koreans working in architecture firms. 

I'm pretty sure getting a license in Korean architecture is the same for non-Koreans as it is for Koreans - like have a degree from registered 5 year architecture programs and years of work experience. Maybe you should look into working in Korea in general like how to get working visa and stuff rather than looking specifically into practicing architecture...?

In a practical-wise, you need to speak Korean. Sorry for not being much of a help!

Mar 23, 17 9:41 am  · 
 · 
charliejones

Hey I'm an architecture student in India. I'm in 2nd year, 4th semester. Due to this pandemic, we're not having any classes from April, so I actually wanna know about architecture in Korea because after graduation I wanna go there for my masters. I want some help to learn better and know more of Korean architecture and culture. So please if anyone can help me learn some things I'll be so grateful to you. I really wanna know about interior designs and building constructions. 

Sep 1, 20 6:15 am  · 
1  · 
hamimahinu

same here.. lot of people asked me why korea!! But it iz what it iz. Please let me know if you find any information

Jun 16, 21 8:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: