Archinect
anchor

Revit training

Ardei

Hi everyone. I'm a second year bachelor architecture student in the Netherlands. I'm looking for Revit on-site training for summer holidays (August). It could take place anywhere in Europe but it has to be in English (or Polish though even in Poland it would be better for me to do it in English). Does anyone know any schools or universities that offer such courses? I would prefer courses with max. 4-5 hours per day instead of short intensive ones - I don't think staring at the computer screen for 8-10 hours a day will make me understand everything perfectly.

Feb 26, 17 3:47 pm
Non-ASD Jequitarchitectur

Which school do you attend in the Netherlands?

Feb 26, 17 7:20 pm  · 
 · 
Ardei

TU Eindhoven

Feb 27, 17 8:10 am  · 
 · 

TU Eindhoven used to offer a MSc in Architecture with a minor in BIM. 

You can find summer BIM courses in English all around the UK, but they tend to be max 1 week long and try to cover too much in one session. 

https://www.findcourses.co.uk/search/revit-cad-training-courses

Here's a list of training centres and courses they offer. So I guess that you first pick the city you want to spend your holidays in, see if there's a Revit course on offer and sign up for it.

Would you be interested in answering some questions about TU/e? I want to attend the masters degree in TU Eindhoven

Feb 27, 17 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
Ardei

Thank you! Do you think it's better to sign up for an intensive course on-site or an online course which allows to learn at my own pace?

Of course, feel free to ask about anything. Though I don't really keep in touch with master's students, so I can only answer these questions from an undergraduate student point of view.

Feb 27, 17 4:02 pm  · 
 · 

The way I learned Revit was by first taking a course that covered the basics and then by enhancing my knowledge using online tutorials.

Also I found that it was very useful to design one of my old university projects in Revit from scratch. That generated questions and looking up the answers in the internet helped me build up on my knowledge to a great extent. If you have any questions on Revit, address them to the Autodesk Knowledge Community.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit/ct-p/2003

This is an online forum (like this one) where Revit experts hang around and there is an answer to every possible question. 

Therefore, I suggest that you both take a class and online courses.  Lynda.com is a great resource for a online tutorials (you don't necessarily have to pay for it if you know what I mean)

Should you wish we can have a Skype chat and I can give more insight into Revit while you can answer some of my questions on TU/e.

Feb 27, 17 7:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: