Archinect
anchor

Cardiff, AA or Bath?

paridhigoyal

Hello everyone,

I am an architecture student currently in my final year.

I have applied for masters in sustainable architecture/ environmental design.

I have got an acceptance from University of bath, Welsh school of architecture and Architectural Association.

I am very confused about which institute I should use.

Kindly help me with the same.

Thanks

Feb 25, 17 12:28 pm
TED

What do you want to do after Uni?

If you can afford AA, go AA.

Feb 25, 17 6:05 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Why did you apply to those schools? What were you thinking to get out of them? That should answer your question. Otherwise just go to the AA.

Feb 26, 17 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
archietechie

Here's some advise if you're lazy to do the research: AA for job prospects.

Feb 26, 17 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
Non-ASD Jequitarchitectur

Why would you be worried about your future when can afford to attend the AA?

Feb 27, 17 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
AJgold

part 1 Bath > AA

part 2 Bath = AA

Postgrad Bath < AA(DRL)

ty

Feb 28, 17 11:52 pm  · 
 · 
ganhorg

Hello AJgold

I am a part 1 student from Bath and is applying for AA Intermediate School. I wonder why you say part 1 Bath > AA? My personal experience is that Bath ideal for job hunting but not for the theoretical research.

Thank you very much!

Feb 27, 18 7:10 am  · 
 · 
ANNIE017

Has anyone started receiving acceptance from any university for M.Arch II ?

Mar 1, 17 4:18 am  · 
 · 
Volunteer

I think just living in Bath for a few years would be worth the tuition and a priceless education in itself.

Feb 27, 18 7:26 am  · 
 · 
TED

Old tread ........but hey!

Assume you are applying for the non-Part 2 programmes?  If you wish to try to work in UK after your studies, then go for AA - more job opportunities.  

The AA programme has a MSc 12 month and MArch 18 month options(only if you have a previous degree in Architecture).  

The SED dissertations always follow a common theme and expect you to undertake your local knowledge within your project.  When I was at AA I undertook many SED workshops and Simos (director) is great.  Highly recommend SED.  This methods allow students to compare other environments explored by student colleagues. Many are on AA website so have a look for yourself.

Bath and Cardiff are good schools - Bath is much more expensive to live in.  Travel from both to London are more likely a weekend trip than a   evening.  In London there is so much going on including at the AA you will not be disappointed.  Use London to build networks - AA brings those into the programme. 

Feb 27, 18 7:54 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: