Archinect
anchor

Autocad vs Autocad Architecture

RickRiley

Hello, I recently purchased Autodesk AutoCAD but am considering changing over to AutoCAD for Architects.  My application is interior design of Home Theaters.  I know I can do 3D drawings using a previous version of AutoCAD, 2004, but I would like to upgrade.  I see that AutoCAD Architecture allows you to utilize standard objects, such as window and doors, but my application involves building custom wall structures. Some examples of the drawings in 3-D I made can be seen in my website acousticallycorrect.net (currently under constructions).  If you select "Design", it shows some of the drawings I made.  My question is, does AutoCAD Architect have all the same capabilities of AutoCAD, in other words, can you use AutoCAD Architecture I in a regular AutoCAD mode if needed?.

Thanks

Rick.

Feb 25, 17 10:57 am
bowling_ball

The interface will be different but as far as I can tell, you can do what you're asking. Really, the architect version has parametric components, but you don't have to use them. It can speed things along but it's still a 2D software 99.9999% of the time.

Feb 26, 17 10:05 pm  · 
 · 
starrchitect

Not worth the money. The learning curve is huge and frustrating when starting out with ACAD Arch., esp. on your own. 

Mar 1, 17 6:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: