Archinect
anchor

dieangewandte Institute of Architecture - M.Arch

ANNAch

hello,

I am planning to apply and if anyone has any experience with this program would be helpful if they share it.

and i am curious if it is too selective or not?

Feb 24, 17 3:19 pm
nn1993

Uhmmm. I got in (haven't started it though). I know many of my friends who didn't get in after the interview process. And I think they all have top notch portfolios. Each uni has their own criteria anyway. They have around 20 students per studio I think.  

Mar 3, 17 1:24 am  · 
 · 
accesskb

Depends on where your interests lie and what kind of education you want.  From what I've seen of projects and final diploma reviews, it seems like all they do is create renderings and build models.  Even final reviews seem to have little to none in terms of technical details, words/text to explain a project, iterations, evidence of indepth research, inspiration, poetry etc.  Its almost like a sculpture class with little meaning and depth.  Might be appealing to some but would put many to sleep.

Mar 3, 17 3:12 am  · 
 · 
_ai14_

I have just received an offer to Studio Sejima, as far as I know there where about 100 applicants with about 10 people actually getting in.

I have my doubts about the course (mainly due to reasons above -- too big of a focus on renderings/3dplots and little actual architectural design work).

What would interest me, Angewandte alumnis out there: what jobs do you do -- are you practicing architects? If yes, how fast did you get a job with decent pay afterwards?

And is the lenghty 3 year course structure (at least by comparison to European MArchs) worth it, meaning, do you feel you have an advantage in an area over your co-workers?

Thanks!

Mar 14, 17 4:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: