Archinect
anchor

Work in Asia

redumbrella

Hello, Long time lurker here and finally have a question. 

I am a master graduate currently working and living in dublin. working in a small practice and we do a lot of public cultural buildings/public realm. I am hoping to make a big move to asia (japan, india, etc) at some point in 2017 and i am wondering what are the best countries for work/opportunities/prospects for young architects  and any experience in sending out portfolios etc would be appreciated.

THANKS

Feb 22, 17 4:49 pm

china

Feb 22, 17 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

etc

Feb 23, 17 10:09 am  · 
 · 
cipyboy

Singapore, HK

Feb 23, 17 10:22 am  · 
 · 
Non-ASD Jequitarchitectur

China, but there's a tonne of UK-educated Chinese architects who are fluent in english so why would they hire you?

Feb 25, 17 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
archietechie

Are we just randomly quoting asian countries now? lol

Feb 25, 17 8:42 pm  · 
 · 

Does someone have experience in China? I'm looking for a long time already for an internship in China but most of the time I see companies where you pay for them to look and send you to one. Is it for everyone like this? or it is possible to find an internship by yourself and be paid?

Dec 11, 17 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Did you try the job boards? Daipu is offering a paid internship in Beijing, literally the first entry on dezeenjobs for China...there are plenty of international offices in China that pay their interns, really.

Dec 11, 17 1:58 pm  · 
 · 

Thank you for your answer!:))) I will continue looking, hope to find one soon:)))

Dec 12, 17 2:34 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: