Archinect
anchor

Renaming 3D files for posting on a website

kwark

I post files to websites, including Revit and Sketchup files, but I do not know the workings of either software package. The files I have to post are zip files that were created, named & zipped years ago (2013 I think) to match the company website's product structure. Now I am posting them to a new website with a slightly restructured product tree. Can I unzip all of the files, rename them and rezip them to more closely match the new product structure, without rendering the files useless?

My fear is that there may be something within the files themselves that are tied to the original file names. (I do not have Revit and cannot open the files.)

Feb 21, 17 12:10 pm
Non Sequitur

Maybe, and maybe not.

Packaging CAD and BIM files for export usually creates file name specific links and sub-folders. Those links are broken if you start moving things around.

Feb 21, 17 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
kwark

Is it essential to include .txt files that match the .rfa files? (My resident expert is out of the office for a few days.)

Feb 21, 17 3:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: