Archinect
anchor

A challenge to Architects - Find a better doorstop

marksellar

Architects and designers alike - I am looking to see if you have seen, specified or know-of a doorstop solution/hold-open device that will out perform the 'Fantom Doorstop' in looks and functionality?  

Have any of you used or know of any creative doorstop solutions?

Thanks!

Feb 17, 17 3:42 pm
Non Sequitur

I've never seen this phantom door stop before.

Feb 17, 17 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Better than one of the kids?

Feb 17, 17 4:07 pm  · 
 · 

No good?

You want something that outperforms the Fantom doorstop in looks and functionality ... in your opinion, how is the Fantom doorstop underperforming in those categories?

Feb 17, 17 4:15 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

this

Feb 17, 17 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

My old office was above an Asian antiques importer. Their door was propped open with an old petrified piece of log. It had a price tag on it: $450.

Feb 17, 17 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

As usual a product comes along and half-asses a "solution". It's not phantom, it looks like someone spilled clear goop on the floor behind the door. Bury the magnet in the floor under a plug of the floor material, make it work, and I'll be impressed. Otherwise, I'd rather see one of these:

http://reveal-designs.com/products/doorstop/index.html

Feb 17, 17 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

another example of unwanted technology pushed on society and destroying good entry-level jobs.

when i was a kid i got paid 15 cents/hr to keep the door closed, plus tips. these mechanical door stops kill the human interaction that used to make passing through the doorway such a satisfying affirmation of social status.

Feb 18, 17 8:03 am  · 
 · 
gruen
Keeping doors closed is a much bigger issue than keeping them open.
Feb 20, 17 10:40 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

Keeping doors closed is a much bigger issue than keeping them open.

Both problems solved!

Feb 20, 17 11:35 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: