Archinect
anchor

It's My Last Day At Work and I'm Live-Posting It!

What;s the Irish goodbye?!?!?

I just hugged two people I DID want to hug. I will miss them.

(Feeling really self-conscious about using the comma splice since Trumpo did it last night and John Green snarked him about it. FFS what is going on.)

Feb 10, 17 4:30 pm  · 
 · 

Ghosting basically.

Feb 10, 17 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
JonathanLivingston

I agree the hugging has gotten out of control these days. Professionals don't hug people! 

Good luck Donna. I have always appreciated your comments around this forum. Hopefully they continue in your off hours. You are obviously a valued member of this community. 

Feb 10, 17 5:05 pm  · 
 · 

And I'm out! Packed my box of stuff into my little car and handed over keys to Security. I'm home now - walking the dog up to the pizza place then it's pizza, wine, and movies with my teenager all night.

Thank you for the kind words Jonathan! Archinect is so important to my life in architecture, I'll never leave it. Just won't be posting during the workday.

Happy weekend everyone! Onward!!

Feb 10, 17 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

Good luck at the new digs.

Feb 10, 17 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

Congratulations, Donna! You're a big presence here and will be missed (during the day).New beginnings are exciting!

Feb 10, 17 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

You'll always have lunch...

Feb 10, 17 6:59 pm  · 
 · 
TIQM

Congratulations on the new gig, Donna.  I hope it ends up to be all that you hope.  -EKE

Feb 10, 17 7:43 pm  · 
 · 
gruen

DAY 1: Donna no post

DAY 2: Donna no post

Day 3: Donna 1 post

Day 17: Donna all the posts

Feb 11, 17 12:32 pm  · 
 · 

This is a highly likely scenario.

Feb 11, 17 1:33 pm  · 
 · 

gruen: Let the record show that you are accurate. I didn't post from work until Day 4, but I posted twice that day (today). Thankfully it was on a serious AIA-related topic, not some bullshit thread about black glasses or "what style is this house?" or whatever. Still: you are, of course, correct.

Feb 23, 17 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
MyDream

I hope everything works out for you Ms Donna.

Feb 11, 17 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Good luck with the new job. Did your active posting not have a negative impact on the job or was it a welcome distraction from an otherwise bleek and boring existence? I am mostly online when there's not enough to do or not enough interesting to do and I can actually use some distraction/creative input. It's what I imagine a cigarette break would be for others.

Feb 13, 17 8:15 am  · 
 · 

The latter things, randomised. My coworkers mostly smoked and I felt like it was a parallel with that. But also I wasn't really working on challenging projects most of the time, and I was the only architect in the place, so Archinect was my virtual co-worker chatter.

Feb 13, 17 9:36 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I Archinect mostly when swamped with work... and hardly touch the forums on light days.

Feb 13, 17 11:36 am  · 
 · 
Bench

I post while waiting for Revit to sync. Very efficient.

Feb 13, 17 9:43 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: