Archinect
anchor

Best laser cutter?

ace_

Hi all,

My company is looking to buy a laser cutter and start a model making shop. What brands are the most reliable? Is it possible to get a quality machine for around 10k? 

Thanks.

Feb 7, 17 11:02 pm
mega_pointe

You might spend a little more than 10k but check out http://www.rabbitlaserusa.com/

Machines are built in China (I think) but distributed by Rabbit Laser in Ohio. Great customer service! Our office will be buying their RL-80-1290 model soon.

Feb 9, 17 8:04 am  · 
 · 
WillDon

Epilog is the gold standard if you’re looking for a high-quality, user-friendly laser cutter. Two big advantages: Epilog’s print driver makes the process of sending your designs to the machine quick and painless; and special air-cooled laser tubes made by Epilog reduce the hassles and potential hazards of their liquid-cooled competitors. 

Feb 10, 17 12:48 am  · 
 · 
gruen

We bought a versalaser from Universal Laser. I don't have anything to compare it to, but like it. I think it's in the same class as Epilog. 

Feb 10, 17 11:01 am  · 
 · 
ace_

Thanks for the responses!

I'm certainly looking at Epilogs. In the past, I've used a Universal with a 36 " x 18" bed, and I'm wondering if the 12" x 24" Epilog would be a frustrating change. Of course we could get a Rabbit or Full Spectrum with a bigger bed for a cheaper price but those brands make me nervous. 

Where would you guys compromise, machine brand or bed size? 

Feb 10, 17 2:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: