Archinect
anchor

Architect as CM Agent

wutactch

This will come off as a weird question but I'm interested to see what people have to see on the legalities of this.

I have someone who wants to hire me to help them select a builder on a house that I didn't do. In fact I think the plan is from an online plan generator. 

Am I allowed to take on a project like this where I take them through the bid process and do a limited version of Construction Administration? This looks very similar to what Construction Management as an Agent would do or maybe even an realtor. 

Thoughts?

Jan 27, 17 3:07 pm
shellarchitect

allowed by whom?

Jan 27, 17 3:19 pm  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

Can your cients get a building permit without architect stamped plans?  I don't see any problems provided you don't have to stamp the plans.   Stamping it could get you in trouble for "plan stamping" (stamping plans by others not really under your direct/control supervision) which is not permitted in many states.  Check the laws in your jurisdiction.

Jan 27, 17 5:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: