Archinect
anchor

English-Speaking Firms in Spain

rfk7

I am graduating with a B.Arch from Cal Poly State University, San Luis Obispo this June, and I am looking for recommendations for English-speaking firms in Spain. I know a basic amount of Spanish, and I am continuing to take classes through the spring quarter, but I don't think I would be proficient enough to work in a solely Spanish-speaking firm quite yet. Thank you!

Jan 22, 17 12:51 pm
JLC-1

There were several 10 years ago, many still there; but I would research closely at the market,if you are planning to apply cold turkey it might not be the best, most of the staffers were expats working on projects all over europe, middle east, north africa; markets and projects that vanished in 2008.

Jan 22, 17 11:18 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

You're aware of the economic situation in Spain right? There's an enormous unemployment, especially among young architects, they fled the country en masse if they could and are working all over Europe nowadays. I happen to have Spanish architect friends that had to go to London, Amsterdam, Berlin etc. So it might be tough to get a foot in the door in Spain as a non-native speaker without a Spanish passport. They'll be lucky to have work, any work at all, and honestly don't think they'll have the resources or legal government approval to sponsor a foreign architect when there are thousands of Spanish architects on unemployment benefits. Sorry to break it to you but I would try my luck elsewhere if I were you.

Jan 23, 17 3:53 am  · 
 · 
archfreak
Good luck with that one. Have several friends that actually left Spain because there is NO WORK. Should there be any openings, be sure that those are going to be for locals.
Jan 23, 17 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

You'd have more luck finding job as a dump truck driver than in architecture in Spain. xD

Jan 24, 17 4:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: