Archinect
anchor

Custom libraries and bookshelf displays

This question is probably more directed towards interior designers than architects I think.

Does anyone here have experience working on designing custom libraries or using books as a form as aesthetic pieces. 

Here's an example of a company that does exactly that: https://juniperbooks.com/ They are not designers but they provide custom book designs and collections.

What I want to know is:

1. Who is responsible for the process and execution of the displays for bookshelves, Interior Designers or someone else?

2. Which kind of businesses (Hotels, Luxury apartments, retail, etc) would actually be interested in having displaying books?

Thank You for you help!

Jan 20, 17 5:30 pm
g.thomas.z

Wow-- I'm surprised, yet not surprised that a company like this actually exists.  The sets looks great, but they also look like they are designed to sit on a shelf and never leave.

I suppose this would fall into the FF&E package which is typically coordinated by an interior designer.  That said, I sincerely hope that no one out there uses a consultant to come up with book shelf displays.  A design school drop-out should be able to do that.  And this is coming from someone at firm that hires consultants to pick our arses.

Jan 21, 17 12:37 am  · 
 · 

Thank you g.thomas.z for your answer.

I'm going to reach out to Interior designers and hopefully get some answers from them too. I have a feeling most interior designers typically do not work on custom bookshelf displays. I think these projects are rare and possibly require collaboration between interior designers and graphic designers. 

Anyway, thanks again!

Alex

Jan 22, 17 12:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: