Archinect
anchor

Updating my portfolio - need help

wolf3351

I'm updating my portfolio to add the past 6 months of firm experience, however I'm a little lost on what kind of content I should put in. This is my first job out of college, so I have my academic work in my portfolio currently, but obviously want to show my professional experience now. The project I am on is in the construction admin phase, and I have been doing a lot of CAD work - mostly technical work, however I have had a few instances of design work.  I am just curious what kind of content I should be adding? Sections? Plans? There are no renderings (aside from hand renders done by the principal), and a lot of my work has been preparing the CD's, permit work, and construction admin.

Advice on how to best showcase the skills I've acquired, and what  a potential future employer might be interested in seeing. I am hoping to shift my career to a designer or rendering position, however none of the work I have done at my firm has related very much to either. Any advice or examples is welcome!

Jan 18, 17 2:43 pm
archietechie

If you're looking to add professional work, CDs (plan/sections) would be best. Would be good to juxtapose those along with some sketches detailing the elements in which you had creative input in and how that resulted in facilitating the actual product on site.

As you're a fresh grad however, it's still advisable to position your academic works as your main selling point in order for them to gauge your creativity. Your renderings here would need to stand out if you do want to aim for said position as a renderer.

Jan 18, 17 3:06 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: