Archinect
anchor

Why projected sizing is important in determining the size of the lot?

ickanela

Hi I'm doing my thesis about Public Market... When choosing a site, of course, there's a lot of things that we need to considered and one of that is the size.

Is 10,000 sqm. or 12,000 sq.m too small for public market? I asked my professor about it and he suggest that I should do/study projected sizing.

Does it has to do with the numbers of people that's going to use market? Can someone explain further that to me???

Jan 17, 17 4:55 am
archietechie

That should be your research actually, canvassing for opinions isn't exactly that.

Pop by the library and type in the keywords "market"; "architecture", "urban planning" etc. You'll be able to find something useful.

Jan 17, 17 5:26 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Almost 9 months since and this is all you got? Who's paying your tuition and can they get their money back?

http://archinect.com/forum/thread/149945369/what-advice-can-you-give-about-my-thesis-i-m-studying-architecture-and-my-thesis-is-about-public-market

Jan 17, 17 5:46 am  · 
 · 
ickanela

@archietechie thanks for your reply. I'm already done with my thesis and everything... just waiting for my defense date. i keep checking the site that i've chosen in my project. that's why i'm studying the possible questions that's going to ask me in my defense and trying to come up with a right answers to defend it. :)

@randomised oh, sorry if you think that way. I didn't enrolled last term so I wasn't able to have my defense. And just because it's my 3rd time posting in this site, it doesn't mean that's all I've got. Please, don't be so rude. You don't even know me.

Jan 17, 17 5:59 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Rude? Just tongue in cheek...have you tried googling your issue?

Anyways this is not a "please-do-my-homework-for-me" kind of site.

Jan 17, 17 6:17 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
2k is too small to matter. Come back to the question with a 100k market and see how that compares. Also, don't treat treat these forums as yahoo answers. Lazy reaserch is not going to get you anywhere.
Jan 17, 17 6:19 am  · 
 · 
ickanela

@randomised "Anyways this is not a "please-do-my-homework-for-me" kind of site" Did I asked you to do it? I didn't even ask for you to do a research, didn't I? I was asking nicely if projected sizing has to do with the number/population going in my public market.

@Non Sequitur thanks for your reply. My first site was 18,000 sqm. and my prof told me that it was too big for my project. so i looked for another one that is more applicable for my project and I did make sure that the place need to redevelop their public market and that's the 12,000 sqm. I don't know if I get it right, (the projected sizing?), since I based the population and numbers of people that's going to my public market.

Jan 17, 17 6:38 am  · 
 · 
randomised

All the time you spend replying here, you could have done some actual research on projected sizing, whatever that may be...good luck though with your thesis, don't forget to post the results here when you're finished :0

Jan 17, 17 7:23 am  · 
 · 
ickanela

@randomised Thank you. :) (I really mean it.)

Jan 17, 17 7:29 am  · 
 · 
archietechie

^ Well, not sure if this info's still applicable but market sizes do vary between cultures.

Asian markets for instance, with a little google search shows that night/seafood markets in bangkok (Chatuchak), taiwan, china, japan/korea are rather large in proportion. Hope this helps

Jan 17, 17 12:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: