Archinect
anchor

offseting year income to hour income

ahmad4343

Hi, I want to ask if someone is getting 50,000 $ per year  , how I can translate that to per hour and same goes to 60,0000 $ ?

http://info.aia.org/salary/salary.aspx

What should intern 1 and intern 2 and Intern 3 should take per hour in city like Boston ? I need advice as soon as possible.

How I can calculate net salary per hour instead of gross (Eliminating taxes ) ?

Jan 15, 17 11:26 am
Wilma Buttfit

How to translate? With math!

Jan 15, 17 11:40 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Annual salary / (52 weeks * average weekly hours) = $ per hour.

Go science!
Jan 15, 17 11:50 am  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

For the USA, the generally accepted divisor is 2087 hours per year. 

Learn more here:

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/pay-administration/fact-sheets/computing-hourly-rates-of-pay-using-the-2087-hour-divisor/

Jan 15, 17 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical

ahmad4343:

First, for your initial question to be answerable, you need to disclose whether the annual salary rate also provides paid vacation (2, 3 or more weeks?) plus paid holidays (how many days?) and other employer paid benefits, such as health insurance, 401(k) match, etc. All of those benefits are worth something and that value needs to be quantified.

Second, you need to disclose whether the hourly rate also would provide access to (or not) the same benefits described above.

Finally, you need to declare whether the hourly rate would be paid to you as a contract employee (meaning you would be responsible for paying your own payroll taxes) or to you as a W-2 employee (meaning the employer would be responsible for the payroll taxes).

Without this additional information an accurate 'equivalent' rate cannot be calculated.

Your 3rd question cannot be answered w/o knowing your work location and your personal tax situation (i.e. marginal tax rate, personal exemptions, etc.) Not everybody making the same wage will have the same tax withholdings.

Jan 15, 17 10:50 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

^ if you really want to be precis.  

For most purposes, just divide or multiply by 2000, 2087 if you have a calculator.

50k = 25 per hour

60k = 30 per hour

check out the aia salary survey for intern pay rates

Jan 16, 17 8:41 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: