Archinect
anchor

Undergraduate GPA and acceptance to grad school

mbk2991

My GPA in undergrad was 3.1, which is above the minimum threshold of 3.0 for most graduate  schools. However, I know it's not spectacular. It is mostly due to poor grades in my freshman and sophomore years. My junior and senior years averaged around 3.4-3.5.  I am applying to Virginia Tech, University of Texas at Austin, Ohio State University, and University of Washington (in addition to a couple less selective schools as backups).

Assuming my portfolio, essays, and letters of recommendations are all sufficient, is my GPA low enough that I should provide some supplemental information to the schools to address it and explain why I don't think GPA is an accurate representation of my skills, etc. or should I just not say anything? I have heard that GPA should  be acknowledged if it is unreasonably low, but I am unsure if 3.1, being  still above the minimum, needs an explanation.

my GRE is decent, 155/155/4.5.

Any advice is appreciated!

Jan 12, 17 12:14 am
march'17

From my speculations of this forum for weeks, I think your GPA is just fine. Make sure your portfolio is great and you should be good. Honestly, I think the schools you are applying should take you unless your portfolio is subpar. 

GL

Jan 12, 17 11:10 am  · 
 · 
ANNIE017

Has anyone started receiving acceptance from any university for M.Arch II ?

Mar 1, 17 4:19 am  · 
 · 
Driko

yes you will get in to most if not all, but that doesnt mean they will offer any funding.

Mar 1, 17 5:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: