Archinect
anchor

A website

This is shameless, I know but I would very much appreciate criticism, insight and feedback!

Thank you!

www.jwcline.com

Jan 9, 17 12:46 pm
SneakyPete

Yup. That's a website.

Jan 9, 17 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

if you can associate the art to a specific place, idea, object, you might have better luck selling stuff.

Untitled figure___ isn't much different from untitled figure ___ otherwise.

Jan 9, 17 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Some would look great on my tumblr.

Jan 10, 17 4:32 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i like the less abstract ones the best

Jan 10, 17 8:37 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I quite like the concept but I can't help but think you need to really learn to keep that pencil sharp.  Try layering the graphite instead of just switching fro 2b to 6b.  I particularly like the last row of images.

Your abstract perspectives are very, very close to my own artwork portfolio too.

Jan 10, 17 8:41 am  · 
 · 

ether!!! So nice to see you!

The work is gorgeous. Especially the sections and abstract geometries with layered info.

It kinda makes me hate myself because I have been dying to draw for exploration again and outside of two pieces in two years I haven't done ANY true creative work. So glad to see you are keeping the Cranbrook spirit going!

If I get some freelance job payments in here pretty soon I might buy one. It would help, to me, to have a hi-res closeup of just a corner or portion of each one to give a sense of the quality of paper and materiality of the media used.  I assume they would be best mounted in a shadowbox frame, so the paper edges are celebrated, but I could be wrong?

Gorgeous.

Jan 10, 17 9:17 am  · 
 · 

I don't know about you guys, but this looks like a website.

(In all seriousness I like your drawings - and Donna's closeup idea is great)

Jan 10, 17 10:17 am  · 
 · 
JonathanLivingston

Yeah this makes me want to sit and draw again. There is really nothing more relaxing then hatching am I right?

A set of french curves just arrived accidentally in an amazon box with an order I made. Amazon said they do not want them back and I'm free to keep them. So strange. Who is using french curves still?

I think its a sign.   

Jan 10, 17 3:37 pm  · 
 · 
ether

Hey everyone,

Thank you! and thanks, Donna! (email me if you find one you like!)

Non- I agree with you and have stopped doing that

Donna, I like your closeup idea I'm wondering how I can seamlessly incorporate this into the website design

drawing like this is something I've been meaning to do for a long long time (15 years).  It's exciting.  

Again, I really appreciate the comments.

cheers,

John

Jan 10, 17 7:46 pm  · 
 · 

I don't know for sure if this will work the same for you as for me. I assume it's Flash-based? But the way Ebay lets you zoom in - like on this polka dot shirt - is something I really appreciate. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vintage-1990s-Betsey-Johnson-Grunge-Label-Sz-M-Navy-Ivory-Polka-Dot-Rayon-Jacket-/162345937592?hash=item25cc926ab8:g:TSIAAOSwj85YMddi

Jan 10, 17 7:52 pm  · 
 · 
Might be worth asking a web designer for an hour of their time if you know one. I wouldn't use flash though, as that's going by the wayside and not compatible with iPhones.
Jan 10, 17 8:49 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

ether, you're laying down graphite over the color, correct? One technique I learned in school, was to use 2H lead, in a lead holder, sharpen the crap out of the lead, and small circles in a shark tooth pattern to lay down tone. it's tedious work, but man, the drawings are sharp. 

Jan 10, 17 11:13 pm  · 
 · 
ether

thanks for that description, beta!  I'll be sure to give it a try.

but to answer your question, no, i'm not adding pencil over the color. (which drawing are referring to?)  i'll use prismacolor over the watercolor on occasion but no lead over the washes.

Jan 13, 17 3:49 pm  · 
 · 

I recently uploaded new images.  Please check it out.  Thanks!

Aug 30, 17 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Nice work. 

Aug 30, 17 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Shameless indeed and still no zoom? :(

Aug 30, 17 10:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: