Archinect
anchor

what do you guys think about this!

bruno2017

an x architect in New York city generate drawings for a facade job (cornice removal for cladding installation) that i'm currently working on. so he circles all the areas for demolition BUT he miss 2 areas. as a general contractor base my estimates on all locations  circle by him. Now he added a general note saying the fallowing: 1. remove and or cut-back any protruding decorative masonry cornice,window head,column capital,etc in conflict with new metal panel system. He doesn't want to recognize the extra work!. what should i do?

Jan 4, 17 4:55 pm
Non Sequitur

^what's the scope of work say on the drawings?

You probably should have asked the question during the bidding process since you recognized that there were two areas not circled.

Jan 4, 17 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

If it was not on the original drawing that you bid on you may not have a contractual obligation to preform the work so long as it wasn't obviously an error and the plans didn't require you to field verify.  If it was obvious that the drawing had an error, and that the demo of those 2 things was necessary to install the panels, or if there are notes limiting the role of the designer and expanding the role of the contractor to field verify certain things, or leaving the scope of work flexable to provide room for additional demo as needed to preform installation, then you are probably bound to do the work.  Again, it all depends on the contracts and drawings...

Jan 4, 17 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

lawyer up

Jan 4, 17 6:33 pm  · 
 · 
x intern
You know a jobs gonna suck when you start getting change order requests during demo.
Jan 5, 17 8:45 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I usually see pre-bid meetings where this kind of thing is discussed. Did you visit the site and verify conditions and scope?

Jan 5, 17 10:14 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

What is an x architect anyways? A former architect? An unmentionable architect?

Jan 5, 17 10:18 am  · 
 · 
Medusa

Hard to say without more detail, but generally, if you received the info during the bid period as part of an addendum or a pre-bid conference (even if you ignored or missed it), it's probably on your plate.  If the architect added the information to the CDs after bidding closed, then it's probably a change order.  I would make the owner and the architect aware of this, if so.  Maybe the owner is already aware of it, who knows.

Jan 5, 17 11:32 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: