Archinect
anchor

Check English for Letter of recommendation to Carleton University

CurlyCan

This is my Letter of recommendation I wrote following the intention of my Professor. Anyone English users can feel free to have a look at it and please show me how to improve it. Thank you so much.

I had the pleasure of teaching Ngan when she was in her courses of architecture history and public architecture design in the 4th year, and instructing her final thesis project in Ho Chi Minh City University of Architecture. Throughout two years, she became one of my proud students and I adequately understand her strengths and weaknesses as well as her gradual professional development.

In the first days of class, especially in design studio, Ngan impressed me with her passion and ability to read, analyse and integrate both traditional strategies and sustainable technologies into modern design. She always started with basic concepts and geometry, then could steadily enrich the ideas to an optimal level catching well with tight schedules and deadlines. Her every single project was produced through thoughtful layers of researching and calculating based on her strong architectural foundation and well-trained digital skills. Particularly her high rise office building project which reached a point of not only appropriate function but also efficient cost planning in management, it raised the issue of how to fully evaluate an innovative and persuasive design among tutors.

She was also enthusiastic and competitive in thesis project in which I only accepted the top 10 students with brilliant portfolios. During seven months of consistent hardworking, she demonstrated her talent in designing as a perceptive, sensitive and deeply self-aware student driven to explore applied arts, educational speciality and tropical building design. She has a determination in bringing sustainability into design, therefore, she diligently researched on sun, wind and light following the architectural design strategies of G. Z. Brown and Mark DeKay. In dealing with idea presentation, she had successfully combined several media such as sketching, modeling, digital visualization and well-organised technical documentation to express her ultimate target.

In terms of network relation, with her dedication and inspiring manner, she has a positive influence on either her classmates or many other students of later years. Any groups with her presence could be highly motivated, proactive and open in knowledge sharing and self-fulfillment from work and studying. These attitudes are always what I had been expecting to convey to students through my tuition career and I absolutely had the satisfaction of seeing how successfully Ngan could achieve and apply in real life what she had learned. Recently, I am so delighted knowing that she had been offered as an architect in Design Worldwide Partnership – a famous international design firm. Moreover, because some of my former students, now architects working there, I believe Ngan can assist, collaborate and learn more valuable skills from these experienced alumni on her way of pursuing design profession.

In short, if you are looking for a candidate who balance theory and practice, conceptual design and feasibility, and conservation and innovation, Ngan would be my highest recommendation for admission to your Master of Architecture program. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions at email@.com

Sincerely,

Dec 31, 16 10:23 am
Non Sequitur
Many tense changes and too much passive verbs. I don't like it because it's still very much boiler plate.

But, your recommendation letters at Carleton will the last thing the acceptance committee will look at so if you have a good portfolio and entrance grades, I don't think s badly worded English reference letter
From a foreign student will hurt.
Dec 31, 16 9:44 pm  · 
 · 

Thanks for your reading. Any comments help :]]]

Jan 4, 17 2:34 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: