Archinect
anchor

Clients using incorrect titles

x-jla

I am a landscape designer, and have a client that I did plans for.  My contract and all advertisment materials clearly state that I am a "landscape designer".  In my state a LD can basically practice in full capacity for sfr and commonly does.  The issue is, that this particular project has some grading issues that need permit, and require a civil engineer.  The civil and I are collaborating and things are going well.  The client however keeps emailing the civil and the city with questions and refering to me as a landscape architect.  Im getting a bit worried that the client is using that title for me.  I kindly corrected him at our last meeting, but he still keeps refering to me as a landscape architect or an architect.  Not sure if I should be worried despite the fact that I have never myself used that title or misrepresented myself in anyway...?

Dec 30, 16 1:16 pm
citizen

Interesting conundrum!

My recollection is that any charge of misrepresentation as a licensed individual would have to be based on your actions and products: advertising, business cards, title blocks, letterhead, contracts, etc. produced and disseminated by you.  It sounds as though all your materials are clear and correct, so I wouldn't worry.

Dec 30, 16 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

jla-x, mail, not email, certified letter stating the above. 

Dec 30, 16 1:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: