Archinect
anchor

Urban Design Information

racecaryaya

Hello everyone!

I'm currently an M.Arch I student, with a long term goal of going into urban design. I'm only in my first year so I'm pondering whether it would be better for me to switch into M. L.Arch or something along those lines.

I've tried cold-emailing a few urban design firms to ask if they would have time to answer questions/do an informational interview, but no dice.

Do any of you guys know anyone/have any suggestions on how to find someone who'd be willing to talk or answer a few questions? I'm in the San Francisco area, if it makes a difference.

Dec 21, 16 5:40 pm
s=r*(theta)

why dont you just intern at a urban planning firm. there you will have many of your questions answered along with real work insight as to if this is somethig you want to do the next 50-70 years?

Dec 21, 16 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
racecaryaya

theta, thanks for responding!

I wouldn't mind interning at one at all, but as far as I'm aware, urban design is different from urban planning. Also, I was hoping to figure it out soon so I could decide whether to stay in M.Arch or transfer for next year.

Dec 21, 16 7:00 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

This is a big question.  In my opinion your thought of changing over to the MLArch is a reasonable option, depending upon the program's emphasis and course offerings.  Go talk to them about this quandary, and continue to try to contact UD professionals in the field where you are.

Dec 21, 16 8:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: