Archinect
anchor

RIBA/NAAB academia/employment

tommy1

Is it possible to get a bachelor architecture degree accredited by RIBA in the UK and then go for M.Arch in the US that's accredited by NAAB?  Will that have any impact on my job opportunities? Or am I forced to stay in the UK after getting B.Arch here if I want to get a M.Arch? Also, will I be able to find a job in the US( or even in Australia, Germany, etc) after getting M.Arch in the UK? Am asking as am not quite familiar with these two systems: NAAB and RIBA.

Thank you for reading, any answers will be greatly appreciated. 

Dec 21, 16 2:52 pm
Janosh

If you complete RIBA Part III from a decent school you should have no problem from an accredidation standpoint getting that recognized as equal to a B.Arch in the US. To what extent your second school accepts your earlier classwork or requires remedial classes will be another question and will depend entirely on the schools and respective curricula.

Dec 22, 16 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
TED

@tom UK BArch are generally accepted equal to US BA/BS Arch so you should be able to enter a MArch II programme for qualification. (2-2.5 years) 

Getting a job is much more about you, your portfolio and knowledge.

Dec 24, 16 5:02 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: