Archinect
anchor

One simple qustion: Should the designer be responsible for their blueprints?

刘奚贝

For example, a designer was told that because of his or hers blueprints, the buidlings have some problems or even cause some damages or accidents, deaths, injury, should this person be responsible for the bad outcome?

Dec 16, 16 11:28 am
archietechie

Depends on the damage incurred I guess? If it's structural I fail to see why the designer should take the responsibility. Or it could be the workmanship by the builders?

Need some context here.

Dec 16, 16 11:37 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

the buildings dont have problems because of the blueprints, the problem is the lines in the blueprints and whoever decided to put the lines in the blueprints is responsible, the bad outcome is something we will have to live with for the next 4 years, don't mix shit here.

Dec 16, 16 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

way too many unknowns and external factors to answer - but you will get many amateur attorneys in this forum that will still attempt to do so.   Cue EI.

Dec 16, 16 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

It doesn't matter! All they have to do is name you in the lawsuit, regardless how many notes you have to cover your ass, contracts etc. and you will be liable in some way or another. I just went through litigation for a cracked slab in a million square foot warehouse, had nothing to do with the design, but I was named in the lawsuit including even the concrete company that was pouring the slab. Engineer was the one that was supposed to be liable for all of that, but no we were all named in it.

Bottom line is, in most cases, insurance company will step in and the case will be settled. 

Dec 16, 16 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

don't hire a designer.

Dec 16, 16 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical

OP: "a designer was TOLD that because of his or hers blueprints, the buidlings have some problems"

No - it doesn't matter what the designer is TOLD (by who?) -- it only matters what the whole body of facts related to the situation reveal.

Simply asserting that the designer is liable for "some problems" doesn't actually mean those problems are the responsibility of the designer.

Dec 16, 16 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

I love how quickly, devoid of any detail from OP, this thread descends into multiple semantic clarifications.

Dec 16, 16 3:33 pm  · 
 · 

lol, +1 to chigurh's post

Dec 19, 16 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
s=r*(theta)

Easy!! should you be responsible for your own prophylactic or shud someone else?

Dec 20, 16 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
Easy theta, you shouldn't use one according to our soon to be farther right government. We're supposed to be fruitful and multiply to make America great again!
Dec 20, 16 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
s=r*(theta)

^ Josh, what about disease?  especially the incurable ones!

Dec 20, 16 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

Just dip the affected area in bleach.  Bleach kills everything.

amirite?

Dec 20, 16 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
s=r*(theta)

^ where were u in college!!!!

Dec 20, 16 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

At the clinic getting treated for bleach burns.  Where were you? 

Dec 20, 16 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
mightyaa

You had a clinic???  We just had a place we called voodoo village....

Dec 20, 16 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
s=r*(theta)

@senjohnblutarsky learning about risk & asset management so I dnt end up wit bleach burns. ;D

Dec 20, 16 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
s=r*(theta)

^ hahahahah that made my day!

Dec 20, 16 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Chuck Norris doesn't use shitty Software like gstarcad.
Dec 21, 16 6:35 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: