Archinect
anchor

Trump and Pritzker Prize

BulgarBlogger

With all of his billions, has Trump ever hired a Pritzker Prize-winning architect?

Dec 14, 16 9:14 am
∑ π ∓ √ ∞
MoFo please.
Dec 14, 16 9:18 am  · 
 · 

Everyone has a price

Dec 14, 16 9:20 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Dec 14, 16 9:20 am  · 
 · 
I don't know if Trump hired him or not, but Hans Hollein did a fit out in Trump Tower NYC.
Dec 14, 16 9:24 am  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞
If Philip Johnson were alive, he'd be the one; he had a penchant for Nazis and their architecture.
Dec 14, 16 9:41 am  · 
 · 

Didn't he say never hire an egghead to design a building?

Dec 14, 16 10:49 am  · 
 · 
gwharton

Looking at the list of 38 Pritzker laureates, there are only 8 or 9 that I would consider hiring to do a project, and I'm an architect who appreciates great architecture.

Pritzker doesn't seem to be a very good indicator of quality, to be quite honest. Some of the winners are really great. More of them are not. A few are really very, very much not.

Dec 14, 16 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
_SAM

On what basis are you judge that "some of the winners are really great more of them are not. A few are really very, very much not." I am interested in knowing what do you mean when you say "I'm an architect who appreciates great architecture." what is great architecture according to you ? 

Feb 15, 18 11:39 pm  · 
 · 
gwharton

On the basis that I have exceptionally good taste and design judgment, backed by 25 years experience as a professional designer whose services as such are in demand.

Feb 15, 18 11:53 pm  · 
 · 
_SAM

What I meant to ask is that are there any parameters you set to judge an architects work ? If yes then I would be interested in knowing them.

Feb 16, 18 12:06 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: