Archinect
anchor

Princeton post-grad m. arch help!

nina4789

The portfolio requirements section mentions the applicant must include a brief statement (less than 500 words) about the applicants' motivation to attend Princeton University. However, the online application requires the applicant to submit a statement of purpose, as long as 2000 words. 

are these statements the same, or different in nature?

The reason of my asking is that the online application is for all degrees, and so I assumed the architecture department might prefer shorter letters of intent. 

Thank you!

Dec 3, 16 5:14 am
AMA_xv

My understanding is that your description at the beginning of the portfolio submission is more of an abstract in comparison to your statement of purpose. My recommendation would be to write your statement first, at whatever length you prefer (within the confines of the requirements) and then filter and summarize it for your portfolio. Since Princeton is a hard copy portfolio school, I think they do this to get a strong understanding of the applicant based solely on the portfolio in hand. 

Dec 3, 16 12:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: