Archinect
anchor

Issue?

nabrU

Why is everyone using this for portfolio presentation instead of html or a pdf?

Dec 1, 16 10:23 pm
archietechie

*Issuu

Killing 2 birds with 1 stone - hard and softcopy being one and the same instead of fretting about layouts with html (coding means more work too).

Pdfs to firms always come with the caveat of a size limitation that significantly diminishes quality of work.

Tl;dr: it's just an efficient platform that saves time and effort.

Dec 1, 16 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
nabrU

Cheers archietechie for your response, the medium could be much better.

I find it really hard to understand why potential students with the funds to study at Prinston/Harvard/AA/UCL/MIT and so on cannot pay for a web developer or PR agent also.

£27,000.00 for undergrad in the UK.

Is architecture only for the rich?

Dec 4, 16 2:25 am  · 
 · 
archietechie

"Is architecture only for the rich?" - Sadly, the rich tend to have an added advantage (3d printing; pinup materials; laser cutting etc.)

Dec 4, 16 3:26 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

Sam Sharpe: I'm not sure if you are serious. As I'm sure you know, there are many individuals attending those schools do so on scholarship and don't have the means to hire consultants to help them get their first underpaid internship.

Dec 4, 16 11:27 am  · 
 · 
natematt

If you have that much money why would you even bother going into architecture?

And what's the point if they are going to pay their way through school anyway?

Dec 4, 16 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

The obvious question to answer your question: Why wouldn't people use issuu?

It's very convenient and the presentation style is about the closest thing you can get to a book. I don't want to design two separate portfolios.

Dec 4, 16 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
nabrU

I wasn't being 100% serious. The issue I have with Issuu is that when viewing a folio the Issuu branding and constraining of the actual work is not ideal for presentation.

A PDF just embedded on a web page at least fills the window in a web browser.

Dec 5, 16 5:42 pm  · 
 · 

Have you heard of Issuu's full screen viewing mode? You can also just embed the Issuu document on a web page (even make it full screen). 

Really, the main reason to use Issuu is so that you can embed it on your archinect profile ... anything else is a bonus. 

Dec 5, 16 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
nabrU

Cheers Everyday Intern,

That makes more sense now, is there a way to embed so the link goes to full page (just the work of the designer) for posts on sites likes this?

Because that might help those posting for potential employers/academia/real life.

Dec 7, 16 7:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: