Archinect
anchor

Help with ISSUU format for my portfolio.

march'17

Hi guys,

I need to upload my portfolio to Issuu for application.
My portfolio is done in landscape in 11"X8.5".
when I upload my pdf to issuu, then it ends up like this:

https://issuu.com/emmetmorris/docs/portfolio

where one page is shown per page.
But I want my portfolio to show two pages at a time like this:

https://issuu.com/matskafte/docs/mathias_skafte_andersen_portfolio_f

Do you guys know how?

I tried everything. I can get my pdf to show two pages at a time on acrobat but it will only show one page at a time when uploaded.

Please help me.

Dec 1, 16 3:33 pm
Non Sequitur

Great... another wanker who thinks they are CAD and Photoshop wizards via self-evaluation. 

Get rid of the skill rankings... nothing sours a review more than being let-down. Besides that... clean up those model photographs. Everything is so grey.

Dec 1, 16 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
march'17

no no no...

those aren't my portfolios. I just grabbed them from issuu as examples.

I just need to know how to upload my portfolio like the second example where two pages are shown at a time. 

Dec 1, 16 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
Renzo's Piano
Are you using InDesign (like you should be)? If so, then when you export your PDF for viewing you are able to select the option to either export as pages or spreads. You need to select the "spreads" option.
Dec 1, 16 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Apologies are in order then March'17.

Dec 1, 16 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
march'17

So it needs to be setup as "spreads" in pdf via InDesign first?

Is that the only way? 

my pdf file shows as spreads in acrobat fine but not on issuu.. :(

Dec 1, 16 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
34er3

I thought issuu automatically puts separate pages as spreads.  And that they ask you specifically to output your pdf as pages.  Outputting to spreads makes issuu put together 2 spreads (4 pages). That's how it was last I checked.  That's why sometimes sizes change from the cover to the content in the book, cause people are uploading spreads and issuu is putting 2 spreads together.   Check their faq for uploading.   

Dec 1, 16 7:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: