Archinect
anchor

Millennial island

x-jla

Caution: this is not a safe space.  This thread contains offensive ideas, and an overall disgust with people under 30.

If all the millennials were put on an island and left to their own devises how quickly would it fail?  Would it turn into "lord of the flies", or would they simply cry until they dehydrate and wither away?  I bet the little fuckers couldn't even build shelters without Rhino...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.inquisitr.com/2608509/millennials-are-cry-babies-millennial-trashes-her-own-generation-in-epic-viral-rant/amp/?client=safari

Nov 29, 16 1:30 pm
natematt

Bla bla bla bla bla... 

Well, "the founders" seems to be sticking... that's just great... 

Nov 29, 16 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

Real talk though. 

The generation starts in 1980. 

Nov 29, 16 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Yeah, the early millennials-late gen x peps are ok.  It's the little bastards who never played outside that suck. 

Nov 29, 16 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

I'd say 1982-84 is a better start date

Nov 29, 16 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Caution: this is not a safe space.  This thread contains offensive ideas, and an overall disgust with people between 35 and 45.

If all the Gen Xers were put on an island and left to their own devises how quickly would it fail?  Would it turn into "lord of the flies", or would they simply cry until they dehydrate and wither away?  I bet the little fuckers couldn't even build shelters without Sketchup...

Nov 29, 16 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Caution: this is not a safe space.  This thread contains offensive ideas, and an overall disgust with people older than 45.

If all the Boomers were put on an island and left to their own devises how quickly would it fail?  Would it turn into "lord of the flies", or would they simply cry until they dehydrate and wither away?  I bet the little fuckers couldn't even build shelters without CAD...

Nov 29, 16 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

TL;DR the only person crying around here seems to be you, jla

Nov 29, 16 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Hey...

I'm stuck in no-man's land... I'm not claimed by either genX or millennials... at least according to how the current season of survivor defines it.

Nov 29, 16 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

The boomers suck too. 

Nov 29, 16 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Do you honestly believe that everyone sucks but you? 

Nov 29, 16 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

No.  

Nov 29, 16 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

You obviously don't get the hyperbole.  Read that article though.  Much truth in there. 

Nov 29, 16 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

What I don't get is how folks can complain about lumping Trump supporters together in one discussion and then lump an entire generation together in another. Hyperbole as en excuse isn't cutting it. 

Nov 29, 16 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

comment section is great on the 2nd link there Jla

Nov 29, 16 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

you must be a really awesome person to work for

Nov 29, 16 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

There are some truths to generational stereotypes that are based in sociological issues of the times.  Millennials tend to be very thin-skinned, narcissistic, sheltered, and intolerant of others ideas...this is a real phenomenon.  

Nov 29, 16 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

I'm gonna use my life experience to criticize the immature views of people without the experience I have. That makes a lot of sense. I always appreciated it when adults did that to me when I was a kid, too. 

Keep the cycle going, wouldn't want to take the higher road, especially since the election said we don't have to. 

Nov 29, 16 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

I usually avoid looking at the comment sections...it's the butthole of all media...

Nov 29, 16 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

You wouldn't know nuance if it bit you on the ass. Make a few blanket bullshit statements and then hide behind "some truths". Get the fuck out of here. If you want to be a provocateur then fucking own it. Coward. 

Nov 29, 16 2:45 pm  · 
 · 

I say stick the Oregon Trail Generation on an island and watch them survive on meager rations at a grueling pace. A few will die of dysentery ... that's inevitable.

Nov 29, 16 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

What a party pooper you are.  Architect is getting boring with you neutered grown-ups trolling around...I was hoping for millennial memes and stories of kids crying at work but I got a lecture from sneakyPete instead...

Nov 29, 16 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

The wolf blitzer of archinect. Lmfao

Nov 29, 16 2:57 pm  · 
 · 

Does this make you feel better?

Nov 29, 16 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Nov 29, 16 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

EI lol.  It does...it does

Nov 29, 16 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Sorry Jla... I was going to play but then realized I don't have any millennials underlings (that jeebus!) to pick up the slack.

Nov 29, 16 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

http://time.com/247/millennials-the-me-me-me-generation/

That's a good one.  

Nov 29, 16 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Educate yourself stinkypete

Nov 29, 16 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

I'll call you SneakyPeter if you don't stop being such a serious prick.  

Nov 29, 16 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

Yeah, and global warming is a hoax! See it's still snowing in the arctic! Member The Who? They're like the best band ever!

Or, you know, whatever social attitude du jour protects your pension.

Congratulations for knowing how to turn on a computer and post on the world wide interweb. Maybe you should make an app, I hear everyone's making apps, great to way to market to the millennials. YUGE marketing.

Nov 29, 16 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

I was born in 1980 bro....guess what...the millennial  generation is still shitting on the planet...cool gluten free Starbucks's cup though...

Nov 29, 16 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I'm totally rocking a pair of these bad boys right now:

Jealous? I know all you haters are.

Nov 29, 16 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Never graduated from the recess yard, did you? 

Nov 29, 16 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
StarchitectAlpha

The best part about this whole topic and thread is SneakyPete is proving jlax'a point. "I'm not whiny, I'll make you shut up and take back your generation phobic language if it takes me all day on this forum"

Nov 29, 16 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

1986 here.

Farm kid raised by the real life equivalents of a bunch of Red Foremans.  I think I'll be fine in the skin thickness realm. 

But then I'm not sure.  Will I be fine? What if people don't respect me? Oh NoES!!!

Nov 29, 16 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Wow 1986???  Your screen name makes you seem older.  

Nov 29, 16 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

I'm not asking or telling him to take back any of the stupidity that's dribbling down his chin. I'm telling him to quit vacillating and fucking own it. I'm not trying to censor him, I'm disagreeing with him and challenging him.

Wait a second. This is where I'm supposed to say "I know you are but what am I " right?  

Nov 29, 16 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

I'm considering starting a gofundme so we can buy jla a patch of yard to bitch about kids being on. Any interest?

Nov 29, 16 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Nice kicks Non!

Nov 29, 16 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

jla posted a link from his safari browser.  if that doesn't say too old and out of touch to contribute, i don't know what does.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.inquisitr.com/2608509/millennials-are-cry-babies-millennial-trashes-her-own-generation-in-epic-viral-rant/amp/?client=safari

v

http://www.inquisitr.com/2608509/millennials-are-cry-babies-millennial-trashes-her-own-generation-in-epic-viral-rant/

it's hard to cope when the skillset you learned 20 years ago is no longer valid, and you're too old/ tired/ stubborn/ proud/ whatever to learn new stuff.  it's like you're still excited that you can program the clock on your parent's vcr.  might as well take it out on the younger people who can do all the stuff you can't right?

Nov 29, 16 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
StarchitectAlpha

Your using personal attacks instead of engaging, you are proving the articles point better than when Clint Eastwood called the country a bunch of pussies for being offended by everything and then everyone got offended and demanded him to apologize. Ha ha stereotyping is fun and useful!

Nov 29, 16 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

My millennial colleagues are as green as I was when I started out, but they pick stuff up lightning quick and they don't make mistakes more than once. I'm impressed with the millennials I work with. Sorry you all got the bad ones.

Nov 29, 16 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

One significant issue with me proving jla's "point" (if he had one...):

I'm not a millennial.

Ha ha assumptions are fun and useful!

Nov 29, 16 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
StarchitectAlpha

You win this round Mr Sneaky, but I'll be back!

Nov 29, 16 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Everyone older than me is a luddite bigot.

Everyone younger than me is a wimp.

Nov 29, 16 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

"Ever notice anyone who drives faster than you is a manic and anyone who drives slower is an idiot"

-Carlin

Nov 29, 16 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

edited for our dark modern times:

"A millennial is one who, on noticing that roses smell better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup but only if it is served in an antique artisanal wood turned bowl"

Nov 29, 16 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
zonker
Millennials have sharper eyes and can be real nitpicky about stuff - after learning the basics of Revit they are experts and act like they know more than I do with my 10 years experience. So I just do to them what was done to me - make them work late and do sheet list and cleanup - I had to pay my dues - these fresh out of college punks will have to pay their dues too - nobody rides for free - what I had to go through they will have to and so the draconian culture continues
Nov 29, 16 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
zonker
It's payback time "oh so you graduated from GSD? I need you to work late and cleanup the sheet index we are posting at 2am"
Nov 29, 16 4:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: