Archinect
anchor

Princeton Electronic Portfolio

gradapps

Has anyone else had trouble uploading their electronic portfolio to Princeton's M.Arch online application? My portfolio is within the MB and page dimension size limits, but when I preview the document, it shows up scrambled, with images scattered all over and pages cropped to strange sizes. I'm uploading the document as a PDF. I've tried uploading the portfolio as pages and spreads, large files and small files. Other documents, like my CV are uploading just fine. Any suggestions to troubleshoot?

Nov 26, 16 1:36 pm
march'17

not sure but try rasterizing all the layers so they are down to one image? I really dont know but I think that might work?

Nov 28, 16 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
gradapps

Incase anyone else is having this issue, I spoke with Princeton's technical assistance. While scrambled looking images were showing up in my preview, the file that Princeton received was just fine. 

Dec 4, 16 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
arifj

One good way to reduce file size is to export each page (from Illustrator or InDesign for example, or even Acrobat) as a high quality raster image (300 dpi or so) and then recombine back into a pdf at the correct page size.

This flattens all your images and gets rid of a lot of the layering and transparency things that bog down .pdfs with a lot of vector graphics. Additionally, it also ensures that lineweights in your drawings will be viewed properly instead of hoping that the PDF viewer the admissions committees are using will display your vectors properly. 

Dec 4, 16 9:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: